Sep 20, 2008

Escape to Hyderabad: Chowmahalla Palace




After went to Charminar and Mecca mosque in Old City of Hyderabad, next pit stop is at Chowmahalla Palace (as if i was in Amazing Race). Again, this is another magnificent architecture, 300 years old and it is stand still. Compared to other building, the palace is still in a good condition, well maintained. The landscape and plenty of security guards watching the palace.

While Salabat Jung initiated its construction in 1750, it was completed by the period of Afzal ad-Dawlah, Asaf Jah V, the V Nizam ensured its completion between 1857 and 1869.

It is believed to be modelled on Shah of Iran's palace in Tehran. The palace is unique for its style and elegance. Building of the palace began in the late 18th Century and over the decades a synthesis of many architectural styles and influences emerged. This palace consists of two courtyards , southern courtyard and northern courtyard. They have elegant palaces, the grand Khilwat (the Durbar Hall), fountains and gardens. The palace originally covered 45 acres, but only 14 acres remain today.I heard if i were to go there by night, it will be totally different from day tour. I dunno and don't care as my original agenda in Hyderabad was meant for business; so didn't have much time.


I let my photo do the talking. A picture worth a thousand words. All i can say, superb. By the way, you have to pay in order to capture picture around the palace but I didn't pay and I took the picture illegally and sneak around...heheheh.. Enjoy the pic though.

The picture of myself with the palace was taken at the backyard




INSIDE THE PALACE
Below are the photo taken inside the palace. You can see the chandelier, the floor...Wow! I was speechless.




As usual, i refused to go unless my picture taken with the thrown background.Cool and Nice. This kind of view can't really be seen any where else.

3 comments:

seventh said...

wow wee.. the chandelier! nice..
i like the last 3 photos.

Unknown said...

what bout my photo? u dont like arr???? :((

seventh said...

uhuuu.. tak ngam jadi model.. kekkeke
hey, why not you put up a bigger photo? these photos are too small lar ..kekek