Dec 29, 2008

Thank you note!!!!!!!!!

Finally...... I just so happened to be online at that time (around 9.30). Suddenly, my boss (frits) from NL, buzzed me through instant messenger asking me about Severity 2 ticket. I really didn't know because:
1. I was not on ROTA for Severity 1 and 2.
2. It was Christmas.

So, he forwarded to me the ticket no for my further investigation. Not much detail been provided. and i talked to richard another person from UK. He gave me an overview what was going on. hmmm.. I looked at it...it was not even my speciality area. I called my team mate whom i believed would be more knowledgeable in that area. No body answered my call (because holiday and almost midnite). Hah! i happened to be at wrong place and wrong time. And nobody from brazil, US and EU can assist. Leave me with Richard. I had no choice except to investigate. at last, i know what was causing the system to be disrupted. and voila!

-----Original Message-----
From: Verbaarschot, Frits FGL SDSI-DFI/163
Sent: 29 December 2008 19:15
To: Klavers, Richard SDSI-DFI/1641; Mout, Robert D SDSI-DFI/156; Zulkifli, Zayed MALAYTR-DFI/1631; Bersuch, Willi SDO-DFI/1643; Van Kessel, Joost J SDSI-DFI/1643; Ratakonda, Prasadarao SHLOFF-IBM; Uthirimani, Stalin SIPC-DFI; A-Kadir, Mohammad-Azam MALAYTR-DFI/163; Gilje, Nils DANSK-DPG/341; Mononen, Tuomas HELSINK-DSE/4651; Rajamanickam, Velu SHLOFF-IBM; Boskamp, Romul PH SDSI-DFI/1633; Paige, Janice P SIPC-DFS/922
Cc: Den Dulk, Willem W SDSI-DFI/1641; Mueller, Beki K SLUBE-DFI/1641; Nadema, Doutie DM SDSI-DFI/164; Preston, Carla H SDIUS-DFI/156; Smith, Mary MJ SDIUS-DFI/163; Abraham, Neuby SHLOFF-IBM; Iyer, Ganesh R SHLOFF-IBM
Subject: THANK YOU for fixing GIM04433945 - XX - No LVP values received

Dear Richard, Zayed, Robert, Romul, Willi, Joost, Prasad, Stalin, Azam, Nils, Tuomas, Velu, Janice and anyone I might have forgotten to mention,

Thank you and my compliments for your dedication and for restoring functionality over the past Christmas days.

A special thank you to Richard and Zayed for coordinating the activities across parties involved. I know you’ve been doing work on this throughout Christmas on social and unsocial hours.

This incident shouldn’t have happened, but on the good side, what you’ve done is a shining example of dedication and teamwork across players in the business and in IT.

Calendars will be verified to prevent similar incidents over the coming festive days.

May I wish you all very joyful days, without incidents, and a Happy New Year,


Frits Verbaarschot

DFI/163

Global DS1 GSAP Delivery Manager

Shell Downstream Services International B.V.

Koningin Julianaplein 15, The Hague 2595 AA, The Netherlands

Shell Downstream Services International B.V. has its statutory seat in the Netherlands, The Hague, Carel van Bylandtlaan 30. It is registered with the Chambre of Commerce under number 27265874.

For further information about Shell please see our website at http://www.shell.com.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

u deserved it! Ada lebih air bonus tak? hehe

Ruby Alias said...

what a nice end to 2008 . . happy new yr to u..may u hv a rockin 09 :)

Unknown said...

most importantly...this nice note will be translated into $$$$$ in march 2009....hahaahha

seventh said...

hahah.. translate into $$$$$. yes it is..

Good for you!

seventh said...

so, whats your plan for this year? :)

Anonymous said...

ooo dh $$$$$!!
but frits tu mmg such a nice guy kan?
i penah accidently call him at 1am his time! hehehe..n dia ok je n even send email say it was ok:p